Friday, June 29, 2007



Dinah and Shakespeare

The Stratford City Gazette on Shadows on the Train: “Dinah is being shadowed by two mysterious characters, nicknamed The Whisperer and Bowl Cut. Evidently, they are pursuing a treasure that Dinah doesn't even have! Then various passengers on the train, including Dinah's music teacher, begin to disappear! Are they being kidnapped? ... This is the fifth instalment in the award-winning Dinah Galloway series of hilarious, wacky mysteries for children. There's absolutely no room for boredom on the part of young readers who accompany the spunky, unstoppable Dinah on her adventures!”

Listen, Shakespeare got his start in Stratford, so why not me? I'm a Shakespeare fan myself, by the way. Especially for his bloodier plays, natch. I mean, you really can't top Macbeth, now can you? Though I always wondered why Lady Macbeth had to do laundry commercials – y’know, that line about getting spots out. Guess she needed extra shillings.

The stuff I'm not so crazy about is that “Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day” nonsense, which Jack spouts to Madge – sooooo tedious.

1 comment:

Melanie Jackson, author, editor, piano student said...

S.V. of Vancouver wrote:

I have read the man in the moonstone and i reallly enjoyed it!!!!! I went to the store and i couldnt find a copy of shadows on the train do you think they might have it at chapters or is it only avialble at Kidsbooks. If so do you know some of there locations?

... and here's my reply:

Hi S.V.,

Glad you enjoyed The Man in the Moonstone. That is Mad Maybelle's favourite, too (she's Melanie's assistant). Yup, Shadows is available at both Chapters and Kidsbooks. Kidsbooks has all my books. Yay Kidsbooks!

Your friend,
Dinah Galloway